Tuesday 14 May 2013

Farewell Bowling For Soup

It's not often I do a heartfelt blog, but on this occasion I feel it's necessary.

I have recently found out that Bowling For Soup's next UK tour will be their last ever UK tour. They're not breaking up as a band, just no longer touring due to family commitments.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jaret, Chris, Erik and Gary for the amazing performances not only in the UK, but throughout the world.

Their goofy humour, bad jokes and equally cheesy songs have made them a must see for 10-15 years. They were one of the best bands I have ever seen live, they're not only amazing musicians, but also comedians and downright great guys.

Not many pop/punk bands can get away with playing the main stage at Download, which is predominately a heavy metal festival.

I don't think I'll ever see a band with massive inflatable sheep on the side of the stage, only to be followed by two inflatable rock hands.

I wish them all the luck and happiness in the world and hope they enjoy the rest of their lives with their friends and families and I can't wait to hear their new stuff.

If any of the band ever read this, then thank you. Thank you for the amazing gigs, the laughs, the music and for being fucking amazing people. Keep writing great songs and thank you for never changing. You made me smile when I first heard you guys 15 years ago and you're still making me smile now.

See you in Southampton in October for what I'm sure will be an amazing gig.

Yes, I probably will cry.

Thank you. Thank you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment